Sweet Orange Organic Essential Oil by Floracopeia 15 ml.
Deliciously juicy and refreshingly sweet, Sweet Orange is a staple
aromatherapy oil for creating a bright, uplifting and invigorating ambiance.
ABOUT SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Paramount among sweet orange oil's benefits is its effect on the mental and emotional systems. Well-known for its uplifting and worry-reducing properties, orange oil carries cheerfulness while simultaneously calms, making it ideal as an overall mood enhancer and relaxant. Its balancing effect on the mind and body, and its warming and joyful qualities benefit people of all ages. Its broad aromatic appeal renders it an excellent choice for diffusing in diverse groups.
Sweet orange oil finds a wide range of use in holistically supporting the body on physical, mental, and emotional levels, while its universally appealing aroma and ease of blending make it useful under almost any circumstances and a valuable addition to many formulae. On the physical level orange oil, topically applied, can promote detoxification. This action has a positive effect assisting the body both during times of wellness as well as cold season. Orange oil, when inhaled, can settle the tummy. An overall excellent skin tonic, orange oil is used to support clear skin. In the home orange oil can be used (diluted) as a powerful grease cutter and cleaning agent.
HOW TO USE SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and promote feelings of joy.
OTHER WAYS TO USE SWEET ORANGE
Sweet orange essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser. Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to shift mental negativity and enliven stale air.
- Add several drops to bathwater to help eliminate toxins, boost the lymphatic and immune systems and calm the nerves.
- Add several drops orange oil to a clean damp washcloth and toss in the dryer to freshen linens.
- Add 10 drops orange oil and three drops peppermint oil to a spray bottle for a revivifying air freshener.
- Diffuse orange oil in the office or at home to create a pleasant atmosphere.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including orange, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight. Read more about citrus oil and the sun.
SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
- Garden Insect Spray: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 2 drops grapefruit oil, 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops Roman chamomile oil in 4 oz bottle; spray affected leaves
- Massage Oil: 4 drops sweet orange oil, 8 drops plai oil, 2 drops black pepper oil, 2 drops neroli oil in 15 mL jojoba oil
SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL PROFILE
Our orange oil is expeller-pressed from certified organic orange peels for Floracopeia in South Africa.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Though a safe non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil, orange oil is considered by most to be photo-toxic. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight after topical application to the skin (even if diluted). Do not take sweet orange essential oil internally.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Odor: Sweet, citrusy, tangy, intense, concentrated
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: clary sage oil, vetiver oil, and sandalwood oil; florals like rose oil, jasmine oil, lavender oil, and ylang-ylang oil; other citrus oil such as lime oil, grapefruit oil, bergamot oil and lemon oil; spice oils such as cinnamon oil, clove and ginger oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
- Family: Rutaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Peel
- Color: Deep yellow to orange
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.3% - 0.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
INTERESTING SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL INFORMATION
The vibrant orange color, tangy flavor, and bright scent of this widely used fruit are all synonymous with joy, sunlight and sweetness. Historically, the peels of oranges have been used in Chinese Medicine for a variety of ailments. They remain a vital part of Chinese medicine and are thought to bring good luck. The orange tree was brought west by Portuguese explorers in the early 16th century. Used in countless products, orange essential oil has made its way into skin care, cleaning, gardening and food markets worldwide.
Sweet orange oil, along with grapefruit oil, contains the highest percentage of limonene, a natural compound, which has been studied for its chemopreventive effects to support cancer treatment. A study led by Mei University in Japan found that using orange oil reduced the dosage necessary for patients suffering with depression.
Some citrus oils are steam-distilled, but most are expressed, or expeller-pressed, by squeezing the fatty oil from the rind of the fruit. The expression method does not produce what are technically considered “essential” oils, though this is the best method of extraction in most cases.