Palo Santo Organic Wild Harvested Essential Oil by Floracopeia 15 ml.
A bestseller with an ancient ethnobotanical history; has long been worshiped by indigenous cultures for its purifying and healing powers.
ABOUT PALO SANTO OIL
Palo Santo oil is a true aromatic treasure and a Floracopeia staple. It is renowned for its distinctive uplifting fragrance and its pronounced healing powers. Palo Santo Essential Oil is rich in limonene. A natural purifier, use it in your diffuser to keep you and your family healthy through the winter months. Palo Santo oil is among the best oils to use via direct palm inhalation for its clearing and inspiring properties. It has settling, calming and grounding qualities, thus making it a great ally for maintaining emotional equanimity, as well as a superb oil for spiritual upliftment.
Palo Santo is said to have an emotionally uplifting and balancing effect. Often used for shamanic ritual, it is a valuable tool for meditation, enhancing creativity, and for tasks requiring sustained concentration. With a softness and sweetness similar to some species of frankincense, it is an ideal additive to massage oils. Our founder, David Crow, has written an entire book entitled, "Sacred Smoke: The Magic and Medicine of Palo Santo".
HOW TO USE PALO SANTO ESSENTIAL OIL
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Perhaps the easiest way to use palo santo oil is through a simple direct palm inhalation. Place a drop of this uplifting and clarifying oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation....enjoy the effect!
- Diffuser: Palo Santo is an ideal oil for your diffuser, and combines well with its botanical cousin, Frankincense. Diffuse it in your home to help protect, purify, and stay healthy
OTHER WAYS TO USE PALO SANTO OIL
- Add several drops and apply as a cold compress to soothe and relax any specific area of the body.
- Use a few drops in steaming water as vapor therapy. Its effects are very clarifying and pleasant.
- Blend palo santo oil with any massage oil to relax tension and strain in the body, and provide comprehensive support.
PALO SANTO ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
- Palo Santo Purification Bath (bath salt blend): 2 drops palo santo, 2 drops grapefruit, 2 drops cypress, 2 drops palmarosa in 1 cup Dead Sea or Epsom salts.
- Shamanic Journey Blend: 2 drops palo santo, 4 drops jasmine, 2 drops sandalwood, 1 drop cedarwood in 15 mL marula oil.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR PALO SANTO ESSENTIAL OIL
Generally non-toxic and non-sensitizing; Palo Santo can be dermotoxic to some if used directly on the skin. Avoid use during pregnancy. Do not take Palo Santo essential oil internally.
PALO SANTO OIL PROFILE
Ethically wildcrafted from dead wood gathered from the tropical dry forest on Ecuador’s Pacific Coast, Floracopeia’s Palo Santo oil is distilled by a small community dedicated to sustainability and reforestation of this precious tree. The Palo Santo or "sacred wood" tree from which the oil derives has an ancient ethnobotanical history and has long been worshiped by indigenous cultures for its purifying powers. Today, the oil is also recognized for its constellation of therapeutic properties, which include its ability to uplift the mood, strengthen vitality and aid in protection.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING FOR PALO SANTO ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Top to middle
- Odor: Citrus with resinous wood notes, fresh
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Soft, gentle, musky
- Blends Well With: other woods and resins such as cedarwood, frankincense, sandalwood and myrrh
- Botanical Name: Bursera graveolens
- Family: Burseraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Palo Santo Essential Oil
- Origin: Ecuador
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Aged dead wood from fallen trees
- Color: Clear to pale yellow to light brown
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 4% - 5%