Ginger Organic Essential Oil by Floracopeia 15 ml.
Warming, stimulating, and revitalizing, our new organic ginger oil from Madagascar is distilled from fresh ginger roots, washed in the nearby spring as they are harvested, and belongs in every apothecary as a superior supportive tonic. The fresh, spicy scent of this ginger is superior to any other.
ABOUT GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL
The essential warming property of gingerol, the active ingredient of ginger root, makes it ideal for digestive support. The essential oil can be topically applied in highly diluted form over the abdomen in a compress. The essential oil, when diffused or inhaled, supports the lungs' natural function of clearing any heaviness or discomfort.
When diffused or massaged into skin (always highly diluted), ginger operates as a tonic and restorative for vital health. Ginger is commonly used in Chinese medicine to strengthen the heart and restore the flow of stagnant chi.
The deeply warming qualities of ginger root essential oil render it useful as a general restorative for emotional depletion, it is effective in revitalizing energy and counteracting exhaustion.
HOW TO USE GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Use ginger in combination with bergamot (a drop of each is lovely) to support healthy energy levels and feelings of well-being.
OTHER WAYS TO USE GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL
Ginger essential oil can be applied topically if highly diluted (1% or less), as a compress, or in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Apply a drop of ginger oil to a tissue or cotton ball for enhancing digestive balance and as a quick support for any discomfort.
- Dilute 2 drops ginger essential oil with one tablespoon castor oil as a compress or as a massage oil to support the active parts of your body.
- Mix one drop ginger oil with three drops of chamomile and add to a warm bath to soothe an upset belly.
- For easy and comfortable breathing, use 4 drops of ginger with a few drops of cardamom essential oil plus two drops of thyme essential oil in steam therapy.
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Ginger Essential Oil
- Origin: Madagascar
- Method of Extraction: Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Fresh rhizomes called “hands”
- Color: Pale yellow to deep amber
- Consistency: Thin to mildly viscous
- Yield: 1.0% – 2.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL
Non-toxic, non-irritant (except in high concentration), slightly phototoxic. May sensitize skin; use low dilutions and avoid face and neck. Do not take ginger essential oil internally.
GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL PROFILE
This organic ginger oil from Madagscar has a fragrance that is true to the pungent, spicy sweet warmth of fresh ginger root. Distilled from the fresh roots, washed in a nearby stream as they are harvested, you can truly smell the difference in this superior ginger oil.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Middle to base
- Odor: Sharp, warm, spicy-peppery, toffee-like, balsamic-woody, earthy with a hint of lemon
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Sweet, mildly spicy
- Blends Well With: bergamot oil, ylang-ylang oil, helichrysum oil, all citrus oils and spice oils.
INTERESTING GINGER ESSENTIAL OIL INFORMATION
Ginger was one of the first products to travel the spice route from Asia to Europe, where both the Greeks and Romans made extensive use of it. Romans in particular appreciated ginger for its sensual mood enhancing powers, adding it to wine.