Eucalyptus Radiata Organic Essential Oil by Floracopeia, 15 ml.
ABOUT EUCALYPTUS RADIATA
Distinguished by a crisp, clean fragrance note, Eucalyptus Radiata, or narrow leaf eucalyptus, is a cooling natural support for deep and clear breathing. Rich in cineoles, it is considered the most therapeutically versatile of all eucalyptus oils. This bright, energizing nectar is organically distilled for Floracopeia from Australian eucalyptus trees.
Eucalyptus radiata has an affinity for enhancing the breath, making it suitable for topical application as well as direct inhalation supporting the whole family’s vitality and energy during challenging winter months. It is considered to be one of the more useful of the eucalyptus varieties due to its pleasant smell and good assimilation qualities. Its powerful properties make eucalyptus oil a star support for direct inhalation or in diffuser therapy whenever the children bring home mucous from school.
Cleansing and penetrating, eucalyptus oil may be used topically, diffused, or in inhalation therapy to support in clearing and energizing tired or overworked bodies. It may also be used topically or in a spritzer as an insect repellent. Eucalyptus is added to many household cleaners for good reason, just add a few drops to what you already have for a fresh clean boost in scent and efficiency!
Eucalyptus has a refreshing and stimulating action on the mind, helping to improve concentration. It is associated with the alleviation of grief and sorrow, as well as opening the heart and intellect while equalizing emotions.
HOW TO USE EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL
- Diffuser: Eucalyptus radiata has a cool and crisp fragrance. Diffuse it in your home daily whenever the children are congested or you want to be sure to keep the air fresh and clean. Can be blended with other oils like peppermint and conifers to increase effectiveness.
OTHER WAYS TO USE EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL
Eucalyptus oil can be applied topically (in at least 50-50 dilution), as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle to reduce pet and stale odors.
- Add several drops to ½ oz marula oil and apply as a chest rub to encourage open and clear breath.
- Massage diluted eucalyptus oil (2% eucalyptus, 98% carrier oil) to promote feelings of comfort in the body and joints.
- Inhale (direct palm) or diffuse eucalyptus oil to lift the heart. Diffuse eucalyptus oil to disinfect and repel insects.
EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES
- Easy Breathing Blend: 4 drops Eastern hemlock oil, 2 drops eucalyptus oil, 2 drops peppermint oil and 4 drops chamomile oil. Add to steaming water and inhale several times daily, or add to ½ oz unscented balm and rub on chest as needed.
- Household Cleansing Spray: 12 drops pinon pine oil, 12 drops eucalyptus, 12 drops tea tree oil and 12 drops cajeput mixed with water in an 8 oz spray bottle.
- Bug and Mosquito Spray: 8 drops lemongrass, 8 drops palo santo, 4 drops pinon pine oil, 8 drops eucalyptus oil, 4 drops peppermint oil mixed with 4 oz. of distilled water in spray bottle. Shake and spray to repel bugs and soothe bites.
- Top of the Mountain Clear Breath Formula: 2 drops cedar oil, 4 drops frankincense oil, 4 drops juniper berry oil and 2 drops eucalyptus. Diffuse, or use inhalation therapy, or mix several drops in 1 oz of carrier oil and apply topically to chest.
EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL PROFILE
This bright, energizing nectar is organically distilled for Floracopeia from Australian eucalyptus trees.
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus radiata
- Family: Myrtaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Origin: Australia
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves, young twigs
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Mobile
- Yield: 1.0% - 2.4%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Odor: Camphorous, minty, sharp, pungent, herbaceous, spicy, woody undertone
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: herbaceous oils such as thyme oil, rosemary oil, tree oils such as pine oil, spruce oil, and fir oil; florals like lavender oil; wood oils cedarwood oil and sandalwood oil; also melissa oil and lemon oil.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR
EUCALYPTUS RADIATA ESSENTIAL OIL
Eucalyptus oil is non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing. People with high blood pressure and epilepsy should avoid eucalyptus oil. Excessive use of this oil may cause headaches. Do not take eucalyptus essential oil internally.